Our Words of Radiance
🧬 Life, 🦸♂️ Potential,🥇 Unity, 👩🚀 Truth, 🌄 Journey
🧬 I will improve the lives of others
- We take deep pride in supporting families to enjoy a wonderful longevity as we know Healthy Longevity is 1% done.
- We are honest and unconditional with our customers. We would want our loved ones to be customers of this company.
- I will investigate, research and explore new ways of improving the lives of others.
- 🌱 Society and our planet are stakeholders. We measure impact.
🦸♂️ I will reach my potential
- We double-down in our core advantage.
- We move fast, make hard decisions early and cut losses.
- We give our people the growth opportunities they deserve. If we cannot give them the growth trajectory they deserve, we will help them to find opportunities outside.
- We say no to distractions 🙅♀️: to features, partnerships, opportunities, coffee meetings, trips, conferences, events that dont take us clearly forward.
🥇 I will be part of a united team
- Long term thinking in long term relationships with long term people.
- We have big aspirations, but aim to execute them with the smallest core team possible.
- I am trusted by my team. I trust my team.
- We fix it without permission.
- We aim to become the team we always dreamed of being part of, we make each other better.
👩🚀 I will lead with truth
- Data before opinions.
- We optimize for learning, we uncover uncertainties.
- We prefer to be proven wrong fast.
- We don't give fluffy answers. We don't sugarcoat. We do the homework and find the right answers. We don't kick problems forward.
- We respect competition and will appreciate the things they do right, but we will not care about them too much.
🌄 I will savour the journey before the destination
- We have fun. For real. Pingpong tables are nice, but our fun comes from the objectives, the work we do, the team we are part of, the way we work and the laughs we share.
- We have great aspirations, yet we are humble. We keep our head in the sky and our feet on the ground. It's going to take many attempts. We don't over-punish ourselves. We stand up one more time.
- We get our hands dirty. We know our expertise and traits, but we welcome the opportunity to learn a new thing, try a new option, solve a new problem, help a new fellow across the line. We offer helping hands before they are requested. We will be where needed. Each of us seeks to push the whole team at the weakest point every time.
- We respect other people's times. We enjoy long focus time. We free up our calendars. Our email or slack is not our todo list. We seek to master the art of efficient communication.
- We pick up our children from school, and play with them afterwards. We have hobbies. We take care of our bodies. We read. I become a better person.
These words... are accepted
Team members adhere naturally to these words, but it's also important to translate them to explicit encouraged and not tolerated behaviours:
A culture is as strong as the worst behaviour you are willing to let go:
- We will not tolerate dishonest behaviors, lies, half-truths or withholding information.
- We will not tolerate stereotyping.
- We will not tolerate obstructing the growth of other people, appropriating other people's work, bad-mouthing other people and other politics in pursue of personal agendas.
- We will not tolerate people who hold grudges and can't shake off tension by speaking things out.
- We will not tolerate disrespect of other team-members' opinions. Disagreement is encouraged, but not disrespect. In general, we avoid political discussion at the work place, but sometimes it is unavoidable. The company will also take, in limited situations, a stand on certain political matters.
- We will not tolerate childish behaviours or repeated show of unprofessionalism.
- We encourage debate and disagreement, but when we make a decision, we all go in the same direction.
- We don't say "I told you" after the event.
- We will not tolerate cultural misfit, in general. We don't welcome superstars who believe they deserve some special treatment
- We will not tolerate anyone who thinks "this is not in my job description".
Common understanding: regardless of what we discover we believe that everyone did the best job they could, given what they knew at the time, their skills and abilities, the resources available, and the situation at hand.
Culture is more important in Hard Times. What when things go wrong?
- We keep our values first.
- We don't hide dead bodies. We don't cut corners. We don't become short-term thinkers.
- We treat employees as adults and make them part of the decisions. We increase communication.
- If cost cutting is necessary, we deal with it earlier. We don't avoid the difficult conversations.
- If pivoting is necessary, we take enough time to plan and reconsider the options. We stop development. We pull the trigger on eliminating past features or products, and avoid baggage.
- We share our disagreements, with respect, but with confidence and pride, because we care about the problem. We all go in the direction of the decision taken, even if we disagree with it.
- If we disagree with a decision and it turns out to be a bad decision, we dont rejoice. We stand with the team. We took the best decision we could with the available data we had. Everything is obvious in hindsight.
- We avoid surprise bad news. Everybody is aware of situations.
- We contextualize the situation in the big order of things. Life is about more things than work. Cool down, close the computer, tomorrow will be better, you can do it.
- We have fun. If you are not having fun then please find another job.
Equality Plan (in Spanish):
Plan de Igualdad