- 👋 The role
- What you will do
- Our tech stack
- Required skills
- Awesome bonus skills
- 👉 What's in it for you
- Other Perks
- What to expect
If you arrived here directly, you might want to start by learning more about the project and values here:
👋 The role
What you will do
You will start working on our mobile products, with a special focus on the backend code and infrastructure. We’re looking to work with proactive people who can take a problem and work on it end-to-end and who aren't afraid of ambiguity.
You will work directly for the CTO in a small horizontal team with product managers and designers. You will contribute to the product and roadmap definition, from OKRs to Tasks, that build our long term milestones. You can switch hats and push in the area where most needed. You will help building the right processes and the future of the engineering team.
Things you will do from day one:
- Code scalable software that will be soon used by millions of seniors.
- Advocate best practice software engineering principles within the team.
- Participate in technical architecture decisions. Make a few stack calls.
- Participate in product decisions and roadmap. Be close to users.
- Drive process in an agile environment. Help improve all processes and connection with business.
Our tech stack
Our current products are built using this stack. We're in the process of evolving it and we expect you to have or grow opinions on how to improve it.
- Mobile Apps: Flutter / Dart to support Android and iOS apps.
- Internal tools: React app.
- Infrastructure: Firebase, Firestore, Cloud functions and other mobile-oriented services. AWS, Google Cloud, Agora for storage and video media delivery.
- AI and data analysis with python, other stacks also possible depending on the challenge.
- Segment, Amplitude, BigQuery and related tools for data analysis.
- A strong technical background with hands-on experience building production-grade applications or systems end-to-end.
- You are proficient in at least one (any) backend language and stack, or you are awesome at a transferrable language. We have our preferences, and we will expect you to have strong opinions about yours.
- Proficiency in the software development principles and patterns in OOP.
- You enjoy writing clean, elegant, performant code. You are pragmatic. You know when to do quick and dirty. You solve problems.
- Experience making or participating technical architecture decisions, you are able to balance pros and cons.
- You understand why best practices are important. You feel comfortable in agile environments: Kanban, CI, code reviews, pair programming, git workflows, etc. You have strong project management and planning skills. You understand prioritization.
- You can handle yourself across any stack: DevOps, cloud services, APIs, data pipelines. You like dealing with third party APIs and connect things.
- You can operate autonomously. You understand building software is a collaborative effort.
- You have experience working remotely, value its pros and are able to deal with its cons.
- You enjoy guiding and teaching others. You make others better. You understand shared code ownership.
- It itches you when something does not work. You rub it away finding a more elegant solution that works.
- You are open minded, resilient, optimist and exercise a positive attitude.
- Strong communication skills with good English.
- You adhere naturally to our values.Our culture
Awesome bonus skills
- You worked on backends serving Mobile clients.
- You consider yourself fullstack and are able to explain why.
- Working experience in Machine Learning techniques / NLP / Data Science. Or you are really interested in learning.
- You are a software polyglot.
- Functional programming experience.
- You have experience in mobile development, either in Dart / Flutter or native iOS or Android. You built and SDK or you like to tinker with sensors.
- Experience leading teams.
- You contribute to Open Source. Share examples.
- You have own or pet projects. Share examples.
We believe in attitude over aptitude.
If you don't check many of the items above, but feel you could be a great fit, we encourage you to consider applying. Make sure to explain why.
👉 What's in it for you
- Working on healthy ageing is one of the most rewarding and fascinating fields of the moment.
- Company committed to building the best version of itself possible: culture, processes, personal growth, team collaboration, transparency, working environment.
- Work from home or from our Madrid/Valencia offices. Full remote team and culture in place.
- Ability to define the future of the company at every level. Be one of the first employees.
- High accountability environment, with very few yet high caliber people who will do many things, so a lot to learn.
- We trust you.
- We promise transparency and treating you like an adult.
- Package that rewards commitment to self improvement, proficiency and humanity.
- Fun retreats at the inner forests of Valencia. Our home setting is at Balneario de Cofrentes in the Valencia's mountains.
- Salary up to €65k, depending on skills and what you can bring.
- Flexibility with your life. We are open to full-time, part-time or other adjustments you may need. We just want to have with the right people.
- We understand and respect personal life.
- No meetings on Fridays.
- We understand introverts.
- Friendly environment. Solid memes.
What to expect
- On your first 30 days you will probably have pushed new features to production, fixed a few bugs and understood what we want to do. You will have worked with designers to shape a feature. You will have helped define tasks in the kanban. You will have had direct contact with our customers, either helping support them, listening to them or taking part in an interview.
- A team with lots of seniority, experience and passion for the problem we are trying to solve.
- Subject matter experts in the field of longevity. You will learn a lot about it.
- No dramas, no politics and no internal secrets. We will speak to you the way we speak in this job description.
- Accountability. No hiding. No excuses. We do what we promise.
- We will take our culture very seriously.
- Random peaks of work. But out of peak we will not make up random tasks just to extract more work from people. Go to the park. Read. Travel.
- To get your hands dirty when it is needed. To change roles and hats and help us succeed by doing things unrelated to this job description.
- We will care about your personal and profesional development. The moment we believe we cannot give you the right growth pathway for whatever reason, we will help you find other opportunities outside.
- You will make the company better. We will listen.
- To be important from your first day.
If you would like to apply, or if you have questions, reach out on email@example.com
Other Job Openings and information here: